Tuesday 24 December 2013

NEED FOR SPEED: THE RUN



It all happened last month when my term ends were getting over and I got this game from a friend of mine. Am telling you, even though this game of the need for speed franchise wasn’t a big hit, it paved a very amazing way for the upcoming game in the series i.e. “Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2” also known as “The World”.

Set up with an amazing environment graphics, this 18th franchise commences with you playing as Jack Rourke, entering a race to the finish from San Francisco to New York with around 220 racers.  In The Run, players participate in a 3000 miles track all through Denver, Las Vegas, Chicago, Pennsylvania, Cleveland,  etc ultimately reaching New York.

Actually you will be stunned because it’s the one only game of NFS where they actually show the person who you are playing as. The game chills you up from the very beginning with you escaping the mob and with all the firing…..I just felt kind of a “Sleeping Dogs” feeling.



As you enter the 25 million dollar race, the player blows across borders, weaves through dense urban traffic, rockets down icy mountain passes and navigates narrow canyons at breakneck speeds.

I was completely numb struck when I was exiting Las Vegas. I was like “Oh My God!!!” seeing the player for the first time in Need for Speed history, exiting their car and travelling on foot. All the parts of Las Vegas were simply amazing.



When I was playing the icy mountain ….I mean that restricted zone for landslides…I actually didn’t think that there would be landslides and stuff but suddenly saw rocks actually falling. I was like “Seriously man!! Hats off EA”.



As the game advances, you enter Chicago in the top 50 where Marcus Blackwell, Jack's biggest rival and the main antagonist of the game, uses his connections with the mob to organize a "welcome committee". Here also a lot of "on foot" activity takes place where he dodges helicopter attacks….also including stealing a police vehicle and crashing it in a trainyard and then escaping from the overturned police car seconds before a freight train runs it down…..and the best part “You actually get to play it”. I mean it’s the gameplay.

Advancing to Cleveland, ”Jack” drives through an industrial train yard filled with high explosives, trying to escape the mob. Crashing through the window of a warehouse, he wrecks the helicopter by slamming into its tail and sending it into the side of a building. That scene…I mean the camera angle in which they show it….it’s freaking awesome. I was like “HELLS YEAH!!!!”

Jack makes it to New York in the top 2, passing through New Jersey ultimately defeating Marcus Blackwell in his Aston Martin leading him to win the 25 million dollars.

In a nutshell “Gamers, if you haven’t played it yet then grab your gamepads…..It’s gonna be a hell of a ride from San Francisco to New York!!”

As always being new to blogging,am trying my level best to cope up. Please feel free to point out any kind of mistakes :)



2 comments:

  1. Dude, I'm loving it. More description of the game play in the next one please. Good work on the pictures, one thing I liked is that the pics are in sync with your write-up, way to go man (Y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Karan. Will try to improve more in the next blog...keep in touch :)

      Delete