Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Deathly Hallows


 

Every child dreams of a fantasy world in his childhood and my fantasy world was the magical world of Harry Potter.It was my very first novel.As a child, I was very fascinated by the magical world which J.K. Rowling created by her immense sense of imagination.Even though it was my first novel,I was never bored as the story got interesting by and by.The final release took everyone by surprise . I was in  8th grade when the last book of the series i.e "The Deathly Hallows" released. Everyone was so curious about what would happen to Harry in the end of the series which led all of my friends including me to reach the gates of the bookshop at 6 am in the morning at the day of the release . The way she ended it was amazing. From the very start till the end you won't even feel like quitting the book for a second.
 
 Harry gets to know about all the three hallows-The Elder Wand,The Resurrection Stone and The Invisibility Cloak.He also gets to know that he owns the third hallow. Gradually he also comes in possesion of the second hallow from the very first "Snitch" he ever caught in his life.Finally he also comes in possesion of the first hallow after defeating Voldemort.The way Rowling described the killing of the sixth Horcrux i.e Nagini(Voldemort's snake) .....I just loved it.Neville ,being a true Gryffindor ,takes the Gryffindor sword out of the hat and kills it right in front of Voldemort's eyes.

I don't know if it's just me or everyone feels the same. Rowling quotes Fred,Lupin and Tonks dead at the near end of the book.....I was shocked.

Harry faking his death in The Forbidden Forest was simply awesome. Even Hagrid who carried him in his arms didn't get a glimpse that Harry wasn't dead.
 
Volemort's speech to everyone to give away Harry really blew my mind. I really like his cool accent....I mean the way he expresses anything.
 
The whole series is a journey which anyone who has read will understand . It's like a bond you develop with all the characters and never let go and I really felt this bond when Dumbledor died in the sixth part.
 
The curiosity of everyone came to an end with Harry defeating Voldemort by killing the Horcrux inside of him in a one on one duel with The Dark Lord.
 
The finale was a complete balance of happiness and sorrow with Harry defeating The Dark Lord and also the series coming to an end.
 
In a nutshell"Hats off to J. K. Rowling"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment